Patients are seen at the practice by appointment only. The first port of call to consult with a clinician should be to fill out an eConsult form online (you can do this by clicking on the online services page, or following this link: E-Consult Link). Once completed the eConsult is sent to the practice, and a clinician will be in contact with you, either by email or telephone within 2 working days, but usually on the same day. You can request for your eConsult to be for the attention of a specific doctor (best for continuity of care), and if clinically appropriate this will be passed on to them to deal with.
If you cannot complete an eConsult, you can telephone reception on 0345 337 9922 and ask to book a telephone consultation with a doctor of your choice. Please bear in mind that this telephone consultation may be in several working days time and the receptionist will not be able to provide you with a specific time, it will either be a morning or afternoon slot (8am-1pm or 1pm-6pm respectively).
Once you have been triaged (either by eConsult or telephone) by the urgent care team, you may be asked to attend the practice at a certain time for an appointment with a clinician. During the Covid-19 pandemic we are trying to reduce footfall within the practice, so please come on time (or no more than 5 minutes early) for your appointment, if possible come alone and wear a face covering for the duration of your visit.
In addition please note that:
- Separate appointments should be made if more than one person needs to be seen
- If you think your problem will require more time than 10 minutes or you wish to discuss more than one or two issues, please tell the receptionist and you can book a longer appointment.
- An adult should accompany children under the age of 14
- If you are unable to keep an appointment, please let us know as soon as possible so that the appointment can be reallocated
- Repeatedly missing appointments may mean that you will be asked to leave the practice list
NB: Appointment schedules are liable to change at short notice depending on availability of clinicians.
If you do not speak English, translator services can be arranged – details from reception.