We recently introduced our secure online ordering service for repeat prescriptions via our clinical system providers, Vision. This will deliver your request directly into our clinical system and having a user account for this will automatically allow you to take advantage of new services we intend adding to our website in due course, including the ability to book and cancel appointments. In the meantime, to register for our online service, please follow the instructions below.
If you have already registered for the vision online prescription service, please click here
To register for this service please follow these instructions:
1. Download and complete this online registration form below.
2. Return it to the practice via post or email the completed form and photographic ID (e.g. a driver's licence) to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. In about 7-10 working days please check your emails. You should have received an email inviting you to create an account with vision online. If you do not yet have an email then please wait for a few more days and check again, or look in your junk inbox, just in case.
Online Prescription Registration Form
Florence Blood Pressure Monitoring
What is Flo?
‘Florence’, or ‘Flo’ as it is referred to, combines the expertise of healthcare professionals with the convenience of the patients' own mobile phone. Florence sends text reminders to patients, prompting them to check their blood pressure. Once the patient has taken their blood pressure, they can text the readings to Florence. The program will collate all the information provided and can be accessed by the clinician at any stage of the process. Flo can also send patients advice to act on, or ask the patient health related questions and give health promotion messages. This is all done via the familiar ’SMS’ text messaging system and is completely free of charge to patients.
What are the benefits of using Flo to Monitor Blood Pressure?
- Flo gives practitioners the opportunity to monitor patients’ blood pressure remotely, reducing the number of face-to-face appointments required to diagnose, titrate or monitor hypertension.
- Flo gives patients the opportunity to have their blood pressure monitored by the practice without having to attend the surgery, reducing inconvenience and travel cost.
- Flo can remove white-coat syndrome, optimising readings and clinical decision-making.
- Flo allows patients to understand their own condition and make lifestyle changes/seek medical advice as required to allow them to maintain longer, healthier lives. In short it can motivate patients to self-manage.
- Studies show long term hypertension monitoring with Flo encourages medication compliance and therefore reduces the risk of stroke and heart attack.
A nationally produced video to support the Florence programme can be viewed via the following link: Florence Patient Video
The British Heart foundation also provides a 'how to' video to Managing your Blood Pressure at home: Managing Your Blood Pressure At Home
We encourage patients to purchase a home Blood Pressure device for self management of their blood pressure monitoring. Recommendations for a suitable device can be found via the Blood Pressure UK Org website link below. It would be helpful if you decide to purchase a monitor, that you let the surgery know to enable recording of this in your medical notes. Suitable Blood Pressure Monitors
Please take some time to read all of the information on the PDFs below. These are also available in a paper format, please ask the clinician who is leading your Florence care for a copy. Once you have completed the Patient Opt In Form, please email to email@example.com
Please note that we are only inviting a limited number of patients to use Florence at this time. Please do not fill in the opt in form unless you have been advised to by a clinician. We hope to expand the number of patients who are invited to use the Florence system in due course.
Patient Opt In Form
Florence Patient Leaflet
Text Messaging Information
Florence Privacy Notice
Using Florence To Monitor Your Blood Pressure Guide
Blood Pressure Shared Management Plan
Blood Pressure Shared Management Plan for CKD 3.5 and/or Diabetes