Clinics & Services
All GP's must provide essential services, that is, basic treatment of ill people.
New Dyce Medical Practice also provides the following “additional services”:
- Child health surveillance, together with the Health Visiting team
- Contraceptive services including contraceptive advice, oral contraceptive pills, contraceptive injections and implant fitting.
- Maternity services in the ante-natal and post-natal period, together with the midwives from the Aberdeen Maternity Hospital
- Travel advice
- Cervical smears
- Minor Surgery Clinics: for the removal of various small skin lesions
New Dyce Medical Practice also has a contract with NHS Grampian to provide the following “enhanced services”:
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis.
- Regular monitoring, by blood tests for patients on Warfarin.
- Comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease
- Comprehensive reviews for patients with diabetes.
- Minor Injury Service
Please note that not all of the clinicians provide all of the services. This is a Practice Contract.
Click here for the NHS recommended schedule. Most Secondary school girls will be offered HPV vaccine course – which will be done in school.
We are keen to give all our patients who smoke as much help as possible to stop. Please ask at reception or at any consultation for information and support.
- Antenatal Clinics (with community midwives) Wednesday 13:30 – 16:00 & Thursday 09:00 – 12:30.
- Warfarin Clinic Tuesday 08:00 -10:00 & Wednesday 08:00 – 10:00.
Our nursing team also deal with diabetes, asthma and heart disease.