If you are taking medication on a repeat basis please order in plenty of time and allow us two working days from the time we receive your order until you pick up the prescription. They can be ordered in the following ways.
- By Post - The right hand side of your last prescription gives details of your current drugs. Tick the items you require and post the slip to us. If you enclose a stamped address envelope we will post your new prescription back to you. Otherwise, you may collect it two working days after receipt of the request.
- In Person - Leave your request in the boxes provided. Use either the right-hand side of your last prescription, or the request slips beside the red box as you enter the health centre. Our receptionists will be pleased to help you if you have any problems.
- By Telephone – On 01224 849555. The prescription request lines are open 24 hours a day. Please leave the following information on our answer machine: Your Name, Address, Date of Birth, Contact Telephone Number, Items you require and also where you will pick the Prescription up from e.g. Surgery or Specified Chemist.
- Via your Local Pharmacy - Some local pharmacies provide an ordering and collection service. Further details are available from the pharmacy of your choice, but please allow one extra working day in addition to the two required by the practice before trying to collect.
- By secure e-mail once you have registered for Vision Online Services. Please refer to the Online Services section of our website.
Please note: only prescription requests will be dealt with by the Vision online services e-mail. For all other enquiries- please contact the surgery by telephoning 0345 337 9922.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a Doctor, Physician Associate, Nurse Practitioner or Practice Nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.